Picklance.com (herein referred to as “Picklance”) is an online freelancing website operated by " ", address, registered in " ".
Picklance is the work marketplace where innovative companies (herein referred to as “Clients”) and talented independent professionals (herein referred to as “Freelancers”) meet online and work together under new rules of flexible working. Clients and Freelancers (herein referred collectively to as “Users”) commit themselves on the highest level of professionalism when interacting and collaborating throughout the website.
At Picklance we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains what happens to any personal data that you provide to us, or that we collect from you whilst you visit our site.
We may update this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
1 - The Website
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure that necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all the UK laws and requirements for user privacy.
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policies of other website providers and we have no control over such websites and you should check their policies and terms before continuing to access other sites. Furthermore, we do not specifically endorse any content, service or good linked on the pages of our website.
Any communication and actions taken through external social media websites that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each of such social media website.
To make full use of the features and services we offer on our website, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain features of this website by using them.
Cookies are small files saved to the users device’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the users’ interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server, to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers’ hard drive by third party service providers. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking or other kind of services necessary to the good working of this website. Typically no personal information is stored, saved or collected in third parties‘ cookies.
3 - Collection of your information
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes but not limited to, information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our service or requesting further services
- Details of your visits to our website including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data
- Information relating to any purchases you make, our services or any other transactions that you enter into our website
In specific cases we may ask you to submit additional personal information just to verify your identity to us.
4 - Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In any case, personal details are not passed on to third parties or shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website.
In addition to this, we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- Aggregating information in order to give to third parties statistics about the use of the website. For this purpose Picklance treats data in aggregate, non-identifying, general and generic way
- Informing you of any changes to our website, services and other relevant information we think you may be interested in
- Operating an email newsletter program. In particular, by registering to our website, users automatically subscribe through an online automated process to our newsletter
5 - Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we are legally required by UK laws or European Union laws to disclose your personal information
- For the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- In the event that we sell or buy whole or part of the business or its assets, in such case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
6 - Security of your Personal Data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. In particular we will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. We also guarantee that all electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the United Kingdom or the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential.
7 - Accessing and updating your Information
You can update your information through your account profile settings. In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover the costs incurred by us in providing you with the information. For any request please contact us at www.picklance.com/contact-us.html.
8 - Google Analytics
In order to provide a tailored customer experience this website uses Google Analytics Advertising Features. Advertising Features include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting